Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Can I use SSD with my Satellite L500-1XC?

1. Can I use SSD with my Satellite L500-1XC?
    Beginner
    I have a Toshiba Satellite L500-1XC. will it take an solid state drive to replace the hdd inside it now?
    I was looking at the Toshiba 120gb stor.E comes with caddy, cables, and software to clone you old hdd, its SATA III.

IS MY LAPTOP SATA III?

2. Re: Can I use SSD with my Satellite L500-1XC?
    Of course you can use SSD. When you do this you will see how fast your notebook runs.
    I recommend you Samsung 840 Series SSD. I use it with my Satellite notebook.

Which one you want to use is your decision.

3. Re: Can I use SSD with my Satellite L500-1XC?
    Of course you can use SSD. When you do this you will see how fast your notebook runs.
    I recommend you Samsung 840 Series SSD. I use it with my Satellite notebook.

Which one you want to use is your decision.

4. Re: Can I use SSD with my Satellite L500-1XC?
    Master
    I think that you could use any SSD drive which meats the right requirements.
    The SSD drive should support: 2.5 and SATA
    Usually this is good enough to be recognized by BIOS.

5. Re: Can I use SSD with my Satellite L500-1XC?
    Beginner
    Thxs dr.lamp i was going to buy Toshiba stor.e 128gb 118 from ebuyer, or the samsung 128 gb 99, which is better?

You get the clone software and caddy if need plus cable for desktop if required.

6. Re: Can I use SSD with my Satellite L500-1XC?
    Master
    > going to buy Toshiba stor.e 128gb 118 from ebuyer, or the samsung 128 gb 99, which is better

I recommend you to read and to check some SSD drive tests.
    But you have to consider one fact: the L500 does not support SATA III
    Most SSD drives supports SATA III (6gb/s) but in your case such SSD drive would not reach the max performance due to SATA controller limitation