Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Satellite C660 won't start

1. Satellite C660 won't start
    Beginner
    Hi to all,

my sister in-law bought her laptop up to me today because it switches on and goes to the windows logo then all of a sudden theirs a quick glimpse of a blue screen and then it shuts down re-starts and does the same.
    i can press the f8 key and i get the boot options, ie recovery mode but it just does the same thing, i then tried a windows DVD in the drive and it boots from the DVD and installs the files but then hangs with just a black screen and the white curser, its not froze at this point i can move the curser around.

Does anyone have any idea what I can do now?
    Thank you in advance for your time.

2. Re: Satellite C660 won't start
    Can you start OS in safe mode?

I cannot say for sure what the problem can be but maybe you should reinstall OS using HDD recovery option. I hope everything should be OK with “factory settings”.

3. Re: Satellite C660 won't start
    Beginner
    Hi Dr Lamp,

Thanks for your reply, i can get to the options in safe mode but if i try to start in safe mode it does the same!, i have tried to do system repair also from the safe mode page but get the same result!.

4. Re: Satellite C660 won't start
    > it boots from the DVD and installs the files but then hangs with just a black screen and the white curser, its not froze at this point i can move the curser around.

In your case I would start to test the HDD and the RAM module.
    Possible its an memory fault since the BSOD could be caused by faulty RAM modules.

You could try to remove one module and could try to install the system using one RAM module in each slot. Test it with each module in each slot…