Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Satellite Pro L850 - keyboard/ touchpad doesnt work

1. Satellite Pro L850 - keyboard/ touchpad doesnt work
    Beginner
    Hello everyone!
    I have just bought new Satellite Pro L850 with windows 7 64bit on recovery partition.
    I have a big problem cause internal keybord doesn't work under the windows. Under the bios i can do everything i want. But from windows first configuration ( i cant even set computer name and user name) , keyboard doesnt work. I have clean windows version ( with toschiba programs - recovery partition).

It seems that is not a hardware problem cause under the bios keybord working.

Extra i have update the bios to newest version 6.50, but didnt notice any change.

Please help me with this issue, cause i dont have any more idea what to do now.

Good day and w8 for answers

pcz

ps. external keybord on usb working!

Message was edited by: pcz

2. Re: Satellite Pro L850 - keyboard/ touchpad doesnt work
    The whole story sounds unbelievable. Brand new notebook and keyboard is not working???
    Install recovery image again and check if the situation is the same. If the problem persists contact your local dealer, explain the situation and ask for exchange.

3. Re: Satellite Pro L850 - keyboard/ touchpad doesnt work
    Master
    >ps. external keybord on usb working!

This means that notebook’s keyboard controller should be OK.
    I agree with Dr Lamp, notebook should be set to factory settings using the recovery process.

You should be able to recover the notebook using the HDD recovery option or the Recovery disk/USB flash stick which you could create using Toshiba Recovery Media Creator.
    In case this would not work, I think your keyboard needs to be replaced.

4. Re: Satellite Pro L850 - keyboard/ touchpad doesnt work
    Beginner
    I have just reinstaled windows from recovery hdd, same story. I will return laptop and w8 for new one.

Thanks for answers.

pcz

5. Re: Satellite Pro L850 - keyboard/ touchpad doesnt work
    Right decision I guess. Do it.

6. Re: Satellite Pro L850 - keyboard/ touchpad doesnt work
    Beginner
    Had same issue, bios update worked