Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Portege M200 BIOS update

1. Portege M200 BIOS update
    Beginner
    hi,
    i have a portege m200 and because it doesn't have any device on it (fdd,dvd) i want to be able to boot from an sd-card. For that I need the newest bios version v1.70win, but to intall it ,it requires the Common Module. I have instaled it (there was no error, at least) but when I retry to do the update , a"missing common module" message appears. So I'm a little bit confused. I suppose that the best think to do is to erase any previous version of common module,and reintall it, but I have no ideea how should I do it.
    can anyone give me clue, or maybe i'm on the wrong path!?
    thanks,
    daniel

2. Re: Portege M200 BIOS update
    Master
    Hello Daniel

As far as I know it’s not necessary to install a Common Modules if you want to update the BIOS. Nevertheless normally you can find the Common Modules in “Add and remove programs”. If you need a whole instruction “how to make a BIOS update” you can find it on the Toshiba website.

http://eu.computers.toshiba-europe.com

Please go to “Support & Downloads” then “Knowledge Base”. There you can search for “BIOS update”.

Bye

3. Re: Portege M200 BIOS update
    Beginner
    Hi Juan,
    sorry, but it looks that my computer asks for this common module to be possible to instal the bios update.what really intrigues me is the the fact that even if I instal the latest common module, it is not possible to update the bios.because of that recurent message.And also, strange , but true in Add/rem prog's there is no Common Module application.:(
    There is any other way to erase the Toshiba Common Module and reinstalt from zero?Or ...what else?
    daniel

4. Re: Portege M200 BIOS update
    Master
    Hello

In my opinion your BIOS upgrade procedure is incorrect.
    I have found this link and in the “BIOS Upgrade Procedure 5” section you can find the instruction for your unit.

http://eu.computers.toshiba-europe.com/cgi-bin/ToshibaCSG/faq.jsp?service=EU&from=faq_selection&CFID=BIOS&FI D=TRO0000000b07

Bye