Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Qosmio player installation to XP Pro

1. Qosmio player installation to XP Pro
    Beginner
    how can i do that? i run player recovery cd it works installs but i cant start it up, i mean there is no link or application to start it, function keys doesnt work, is there any application to get function keys working? ( that tv and music icon ones just before the play button)

2. Re: Qosmio player installation to XP Pro
    Enthusiast
    You shouldn't need to reinstall any software to run the Qosmio player as the buttons are controlled at Bios level. Try resetting the Bios defaults by pressing ESC on bootup then F1 to enter the bios. Then press the HOME key and then END to save and exit the Bios.

Failing that are you sure the Qosmio software has installed properly? as if it isn't then the control buttons work.

3. Re: Qosmio player installation to XP Pro
    Beginner
    i have wiped media center edition and installed xp pro as i hate media center edition, since then i couldnt find a way to get player runing, if its bios level it should work on all xps ?

4. Re: Qosmio player installation to XP Pro
    Master
    Hello

Check this interesting topic about Qosmioplayer installation.

http://forums.computers.toshiba-europe.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=2455&messageID=7028#7028

Bye

5. Re: I hate media center edition
    Beginner
    media center edition is actually XP Pro, just with a few extras, like a media center.

6. Re: I hate media center edition
    Beginner
    yes but doe not have microsoft iis, and im web developer, bw i have tried meedio and it said un supported tv tuner

7. Re: Qosmio player installation to XP Pro
    Beginner
    info on http://forums.computers.toshiba-europe.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=2455&messageID=7028#7028 didnt work any other ideas? doesnt support dep. read these?

8. Re: Qosmio player installation to XP Pro
    Enthusiast
    Could I suggest you try doing an Fdisk /mbr on the machine? to see if this works? Had the same sort of problem on another machine which had a new drive that I low level formatted before Installed the qosmio player, it didn't recognise the partition that Qomsio player was on until I did a fdisk /mbr.

Worth a try?

9. Re: Qosmio player installation to XP Pro
    MeMo
    Hi
    It sounds from what you write as if you are trying to run the Qosmio player while XP is running. Try shutting down the machine - now instead of the power button, first press the TV button, or insert a DVD/CD and press the button beside the TV button and the Qosmio player will launch.
    Bye

> but i cant start it up, i mean there is no
    > link or application to start it, function keys doesnt
    > work, is there any application to get function keys
    > working? ( that tv and music icon ones just before
    > the play button)

10. Re: Qosmio player installation to XP Pro
    Beginner
    Hi,

I have same problem also. THIS IS VERY SERIOUS PROBLEM. DO SOMETHING! Please..I need to instaall xp pro to my Qosmio because programs I use works only with xp pro. I am very angry.

[Edited by: admin]

11. Re: Qosmio player installation to XP Pro
    Esling
    My Qosmio arrived and it took me a while to work out that the Qosmio player wasn't installed on it at all so that with the pc off the remote didn't start it up in Qosmio player mode like the manual explained. I down loaded Qosmio player from the Toshiba web site and created the special CD that it explained I had to do (can't remember exact name for this type) It still wouldn't install so I rang the Toshiba help desk. They explained that Qosmio player has to be installed in a separate partition on the hard drive and talked me through the procedure over the phone. It was quite complicated so I can't reproduce the details here but if you give them a ring I'm sure they will be able to help you.
    hth
    Les

12. Re: Qosmio player installation to XP Pro
    Enthusiast
    Sashmender are you having trouble installing XP on your machine or installing XP and the Quosmio player at the same time? I am little confused! You shouldn't have any problems installing just XP on the machine.

13. Re: Qosmio player installation to XP Pro
    Enthusiast
    I think you guys don't understand something.
    Qosmio PLayer has nothing to do with the installed version of XP.
    It runs on a small linux partition separately and don't interfere with XP at all.

To launch Qosmio PLayer, your PC must be switch off. You press the top left button on your Qomsio to start it, NOT the "power button", but the button directly to the right of the power button.

Then Qosmio player starts and you can switch the input by pressing "i" on the keyboard. (TV-tuner > Composite > SVHS)

That's it, it has nothing to do with XP.
    By the way, if Qosmio Player deosn't work after installation, reset your BIOS to default settings. I had to do this in order to make it work properly. Then you can change your bios back to original settings and QPlayer will still work.
    Good luck.

Alcahest