Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Satellite C660-1F1 Toshiba HDD Recovery "Setup is starting services" hang?

1. Satellite C660-1F1 Toshiba HDD Recovery "Setup is starting services" hang?
    Beginner
    This is my second attempt to recovery using the hidden image. The first attempt hung at an earlier point Loading Windows 7 ;( However on this attempt it has been over an hour on the "Setup is starting services" screen with a moving light under it.

Does anyone have any reasonable idea how much time this process takes? Thanks in advance.

2. Re: Satellite C660-1F1 Toshiba HDD Recovery "Setup is starting services" hang?
    Beginner
    Powered off after 2 hours.

Seems that it could be BIOS version currently 1.2 needs upgrade to a more recent version so I'll have a look at that. Also possible issue with bootrec maybe.

I'll update later :)

3. Re: Satellite C660-1F1 Toshiba HDD Recovery "Setup is starting services" hang?
    Beginner
    It appears that the hard disk is damaged as chkdsk c: /r shows significant issues.

Off to buy a new hard disk drive now ;(

4. Re: Satellite C660-1F1 Toshiba HDD Recovery "Setup is starting services" hang?
    Did you think about an SSD drive instead of HDD?
    I replaced the HDD with an SSD drive and i have to say that i did not expect such great performance...
    The SSD drive is much better than a HDD and you will be really satisfied with SSD performance