Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Satellite C660 - BIOS Update Failed, help needed to restore BIOS.BAK file

1. Satellite C660 - BIOS Update Failed, help needed to restore BIOS.BAK file
    Beginner
    Whilst updating the BIOS the system froze at step 7 of replacing the BIOS code, needless to say the laptop will not boot as the BIOS is now corrupt.

I have the BIOS.BAK but need advice on how to restore the BIOS. I copied the BIOS.BAK to a usb stick and plugged this into the laptop and then powered on the system (I've tried holding down F, F2 and together). I can see that the usb stick flickers initially but clearly does not progress with the restore.

I hope someone might be able to advise how to use the BIOS.BAK file to restore the BIOS.

2. Re: Satellite C660 - BIOS Update Failed, help needed to restore BIOS.BAK file
    Unfortunately I cannot help you with this but check please this interesting thread - http://forums.computers.toshiba-europe.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=54395

3. Re: Satellite C660 - BIOS Update Failed, help needed to restore BIOS.BAK file
    Beginner
    I've fixed it using the Phoenix_Bios_Crisis_Recovery_Tools. many thanks for the response anyway.

4. Re: Satellite C660 - BIOS Update Failed, help needed to restore BIOS.BAK file
    Beginner
    In the postmortem, was there a particular issue you were trying to fix with that troublesome BIOS upgrade or were just doing it in response to some email or update notification from some Toshiba utility ?

Because what I frequently see on this forum are people like yourself in desperate need of help from a blithely bricked BIOS or insistent user wondering why they can't find a dead linked BIOS that was immediately Toshiba recalled for repair after it epidemically melted boxes.

It baffles me that so many members here are so insistent on exposing their Toshiba's to digital flame, muckun famazing.