Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Satellite Pro L450D-12X - CPU upgrade

1. Satellite Pro L450D-12X - CPU upgrade
    Beginner
    Hi,

I have a Toshiba Satellite Pro L450D-12X and was wondering what 'Dual Core' processors support this laptop for a CPU upgrade?

Having a read of other peoples threads, it is possible for the laptop to have an upgrade however I am not sure what ones actually support it. The most common dual core would be the 'Turion' dual core however there are many processors that go under the name 'Turion'

I was also wondering if all Toshiba L450Ds have the same motherboard etc.. as they contain the same housing and graphics card (mostly)

Many Thanks

2. Re: Satellite Pro L450D-12X - CPU upgrade
    Master
    I presume you have already read that Toshiba doesnít support CPU upgrade and some public document about compatible CPUs doesnít exist.
    You can just hope that someone has identical machine with identical hardware platform and can offer some info about such upgrade.

To have better performance you can start with RAM upgrade. Have you upgraded RAM to max level?

3. Re: Satellite Pro L450D-12X - CPU upgrade
    > Having a read of other peoples threads, it is possible for the laptop to have an upgrade however I am not sure what ones actually support it.

Officially no notebook manufacturer supports an CPU upgrade.
    But if you want to know what CPU is supported, check the chipset properties.
    If chipset would support a CPU, you have good chances to get it running.

The notebook supports the AMD M780G Chipset so only another AMD CPU would be supported. Intel CPUs donít work here.

4. Re: Satellite Pro L450D-12X - CPU upgrade
    Beginner
    Hi, I am in the process of restoring a Satellite Pro l450d-12x like your's; I have replaced the single core Sempron SI-42 CPU with a Turion X2 Mobile Dual Core RM-72 which improved the Windows experience by 28%, not a fantastic result, but worthwhile for the cost of the chip.
    Hope this is helpful.