Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: How to change the Function Keys functionality?

1. How to change the Function Keys functionality?
    Beginner
    Hello everyone I'm new here :)

I have a stupid big problem which is whenever I try to click the function keys in Programs, Games, etc.. it doesn't work for that program or game it just does what's on them!

For an example when I click on F10 or F9 it changes the volume, and when I click on F2 and F3 they change the brightness of the screen!!! And F5 doesn’t refresh!!! That’s it they do nothing else at all, how can I change that to their old original ways like in Windows Vista and XP!!!

I'm not sure if the problem is with Windows or Toshiba Laptop, I have a Toshiba Satellite Windows 8.

Pleaaaaaaaaase someone help! This is urgent.

2. Re: How to change the Function Keys functionality?
    Master
    You can change it to work in “standard” mode.
    To do this open Toshiba desktop Assist > System settings > Keyboard and change Function keys mode to “Standard F1-F12 mode”.

After restart check it again.

3. Re: How to change the Function Keys functionality?
    Beginner
    *Well that was simple! I feel stupid now lol, thanks a lot man for the help. that worked just great, I really appreciate it :)*