Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Satellite C660 - webcam is not recording

1. Satellite C660 - webcam is not recording
    Beginner
    Bit of a weird problem with the webcam on my C660 laptop. It works fine on skype no problems at all and captures pictures fine, but whenever I try and record a video, it makes a beeping noise when I press 'record' then completely freezes, the light near my webcam goes off (so I'm assuming the webcam itself is off?) and refuses to respond. I've waiting for an hour, hoping it would catch up but it doesn't. Eventually it has to be closed using task manager as it will not respond.

Any idea what's going on with it or why it's doing that? I've not added or changed any of the stuff it originally came with, I'm not very tech savvy so no idea how to sort it

Thank you :)

2. Re: Satellite C660 - webcam is not recording
    Have you tested functionality with preinstalled “Toshiba webcam application”?
    You have “Capture” and “Record” options there.

Please check it and post some feedback.

3. Re: Satellite C660 - webcam is not recording
    Beginner
    Hello.
    I also have a Satellite C660 and am having problems with the webcam. Mine won't even work in Skype. The microphone works however and the webcam light comes on, it just doesn't show my picture. I went to the Toshiba website and couldn't find any drivers for this model - do they stop doing them after the computer reaches a certain age?
    Any help greatly appreciated!

4. Re: Satellite C660 - webcam is not recording
    Beginner
    Mine does not work using the Toshiba webcam application either - just shows a picture of a flower when I try to capture or record!

5. Re: Satellite C660 - webcam is not recording
    > just shows a picture of a flower when I try to capture or record.

Start the webcam application.
    This should be found in All Programs –Toshiba – Utilities – Webcam software
    (it could be also possible that this path would be a little bit different)

Now in webcam application choose “Effect” (first option from right)
    Here you could change the settings like contrast enhancement, border and view (last tab)

I think you have to go to view and have to disable the option there.