Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Satellite P850 - Keyboard + Touchpad issues

1. Satellite P850 - Keyboard + Touchpad issues

I can't seem to find a way of fixing this or the cause of the problem.

Here it is:

I haven't had the laptop for that long and already thinking it is a terrible thing. When I start my laptop there is like a 70% chance of the keyboard not starting (this is up until it gets to the windows login) then around a 15% chance the touch pad wont start. If the touchpad wont start then I just shut down the whole laptop and start again but there is a chance with the laptop that if I use the on screen keyboard to login then the keyboard will start working again. (around 80% chance) I am getting sick of it.

I probably should have written this in code.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Note: I have tried uninstalling, reinstalling and rollback the drivers, even searching for the most current.

2. Re: Satellite P850 - Keyboard + Touchpad issues
    Nobody Know??

3. Re: Satellite P850 - Keyboard + Touchpad issues
    Is the BIOS up to date?
    Check the version if it the latest one.

How about the usage of external USB keyboard? Did you test it?
    I would recommend doing this.
    If you would notice that internal keyboard does not work, connect the external USB keyboard and test if the 2nd keyboard would work.
    In case the USB keyboard would work properly, I would recommend checking the internal keyboard for hardware malfunction.

Of course we should also not forget to check if its software problem.
    Here is an nice How to repair the Win 8 system:
    [Windows 8 Recovery & Repair|http://aps2.toshiba-tro.de/kb0/TSB2A03ES0000R01.htm ]