Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Can't install any drivers on Satellite L855-10P

1. Can't install any drivers on Satellite L855-10P
    Beginner
    Hello,

I have a Sattellite L855-10P.
    From time to time, the TEMPRO utility warns me that there is a new driver and gives me a link to download it.
    However, when I launch the installer, it decompresses, telling me it will launch after wards, but then the window closes and nothing further happens.

If I go in the folder where the installer was decompressed and launch tinstall.exe, nothing happens. If I launch SMIPlayerSetup.exe, it tells me "Can not find our player in your system. Installation aborted.".

What's happening?

2. Re: Can't install any drivers on Satellite L855-10P
    Hi

Tempro is a tool which notify you about new uploaded drivers.
    This isn’t a “invitation” to update the driver. Its just an info that a new version is available.

Furthermore if download does not functions properly via Tempro, I recommend visit the Toshiba EU driver page and to download the driver from the page directly.

3. Re: Can't install any drivers on Satellite L855-10P
    Beginner
    Hi

I seems to me that keeping all my drivers up to date is good practice.
    So when Tempro is telling me a new version is available, I try to download it.

Trying the version directly from the support page didn't solve the problem. I still have the same behaviour.
    Any suggestions?

Regards,
    Ulysse

4. Re: Can't install any drivers on Satellite L855-10P
    > I seems to me that keeping all my drivers up to date is good practice.
    Generally speaking you are right but if everything work well you must not change anything.

Which player should be updated?

5. Re: Can't install any drivers on Satellite L855-10P
    Possibly the uploaded files are corrupt.
    What packages, drivers do you want to install and what packages don’t work?

6. Re: Can't install any drivers on Satellite L855-10P
    Beginner
    @Terentino: I don't know what player the error message is talking about.

@JackyStewart: Right now I'm trying to update my blu-ray driver.
    I copy-paste the driver description at the end of the message.
    I remember having the same kind of trouble with another driver some time ago, but I gave up because it didn't seem important. I can't remember which driver, sorry.

Nom du fichier
    bluraydp-20130117155646.zip
    Date de modification 03/14/13
    Toshiba
    Type Blu-ray Disc Player
    Sous-type (none)
    Taille (Kb) 89628
    Version 1.0.3.196_A
    Langue Universal
    Pays World Wide
    Description This software provides you the capability to play back Blu-ray discs.
    Modèle Satellite P775, Satellite L850D, Satellite C870D, Satellite L870, Satellite L750, Satellite C855D, Qosmio F750, Satellite C875, Qosmio DX730, Satellite SATELLITE C850, Satellite L755, Satellite P850, Satellite Pro L870, Satellite L740, Satellite P875, Satellite Pro C850, Satellite L745, Satellite Pro L850, Satellite L730, Satellite L875, Satellite C850D, Satellite P840, Satellite L775, Satellite L850, Satellite Pro L770, Satellite C850, Satellite C875D, Satellite C870, Satellite L770, Qosmio X770, Satellite L870D, Satellite P845, Satellite P770, Satellite C855, Satellite L855, Satellite P855, Toshiba LX830, Satellite P870, Satellite P750, Satellite P755, Toshiba DX730, Satellite Pro C870, Satellite L735, Satellite L875D
    Système d'exploitation Windows 7 - 64 Bit

7. Re: Can't install any drivers on Satellite L855-10P
    This Toshiba Blu-ray player *v1.0.3.196_A* file is just an patch (update)
    This require the full version of Toshiba BD player.
    Without the preinstalled Toshiba Bluray player software this patch cannot be installed

By the way: as far as I know the L855-10P supports only an DVD Super Multi Drive. So the notebook is NOT equipped with an Blu-ray drive

8. Re: Can't install any drivers on Satellite L855-10P
    Beginner
    You are right. I mixed my two drives (the real one and the virtual one) and thought I had Blu-Ray, but turns out I only have DVD.
    I thought Tempro would know what kind of PC I have and only warn me about useful drivers, but it isn't the case, I'll have to be more carfeul in the future.

Also, it would have been easier if I didn't had to mess with the temporary files to get an error message, which in turn was far from explicit.

Anyway, thanks for your help and sorry for the lost time.