Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Satellite C660D-18C - need some help with recovery

1. Satellite C660D-18C - need some help with recovery
    Beginner
    Hi,

I need some help for my computer. My compute has not started, and shows "bootmrg is missing". i`m trying to put in the recovery CD(I downloaded from internett) When the CD starts, I get the choose to select operation system, but it isn't there, what do I do?

2. Re: Satellite C660D-18C - need some help with recovery
    You cannot expect that we comment some non-original recovery image download from internet.

Recovery image is on one language only so you cannot choose some different language. Recovery images are country specific so if you have recovery image for UK you must install language by default (English).

On which language is this recovery image?

3. Re: Satellite C660D-18C - need some help with recovery
    Beginner
    On the pc, it is Norwegian. but the CD is on English (united states)

4. Re: Satellite C660D-18C - need some help with recovery
    Beginner
    If you see Figure 4. System Recovery Options in this webside: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/windows-7-recovery-environment-command-prompt/
    You can see that here is windows 7 typed, but in my case it is empty.

5. Re: Satellite C660D-18C - need some help with recovery
    Hi

You said this in your 1st posting:
    > i`m trying to put in the recovery CD (I downloaded from internet)

The Toshiba Recovery disk cannot be downloaded. If you don’t have an Toshiba Recovery disk, then you have to order one. Here you can do that:
    http://backupmedia.toshiba.eu/landing.aspx

> When the CD starts, I get the choose to select operation system, but it isn't there, what do I do?
    This means that you cannot repair the system which cannot be found on the HDD… in such case new OS installation must be done.