Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Satellite A210 PCI Memory and SM Bus Drivers

1. Satellite A210 PCI Memory and SM Bus Drivers
    Beginner
    Hi,

I have a Satellite A210-12U running Windows Vista 32bit and in the last couple of days it has failed to find the drivers for the PCI Memory Controller and the SM Bus Driver at start up. It then requests drivers as it interprets that it has new hardware.

I have also found that I can no longer use the CD drive or the SD card reader, so I assume the two issues are related?

Can anyone point me in the direction of the drivers requested?

Thanks

2. Re: Satellite A210 PCI Memory and SM Bus Drivers
    Master
    Hi

I think and I’m quite sure that the PCI Memory Controller and the SM Bus Driver is related to the CD card reader… the SD card controller requires the driver.

Should try this driver:
    [Flash Media Driver v 2.0.0.7|http://www.toshiba.eu/innovation/download_driver_details.jsp?service=EU&selCategory =8&selFamily=192&selSeries=236&selProduct=770&selS hortMod=527&language=13&selOS=26&selType=all&yearu pload=&monthupload=&dayupload=&useDate=null&mode=a llMachines&search=&action=search&macId=&country=al l&selectedLanguage=13&type=all&page=1&ID=58585&OSI D=26&driverLanguage=42]

3. Re: Satellite A210 PCI Memory and SM Bus Drivers
    Akuma
    SMBus is the AMD chipset driver or Intel chipset utility.

4. Re: Satellite A210 PCI Memory and SM Bus Drivers
    Beginner
    Thanks for your response but this hasn't made any difference. I am now thinking of running a full system restore using the product recovery disk but without the CD drive I can't even do this. The laptop doesn't recognise that the CD Drive is fitted.

Any further thoughts?

5. Re: Satellite A210 PCI Memory and SM Bus Drivers
    Master
    Is CD/DVD drive listed in BIOS (on the first BIOS page)?
    If it’s not listed, the CD/DVD drive is faulty and needs to be replaced.

6. Re: Satellite A210 PCI Memory and SM Bus Drivers
    Beginner
    Yes it is listed in BIOS. I can open the drive during start up but it isn't recognised as connected when Windows is running. I assume it is related to the missng drive prompt on start up.

7. Re: Satellite A210 PCI Memory and SM Bus Drivers
    First of all the notebook does not need any drivers for an CD/DVD drive while trying to boot from a disk.

All this happens on BIOS level and at this level NO drivers are required.
    So its not a driver problem if the notebook cannot boot from the CD/DVD drive.

You said that CD/DVD drive is recognized in BIOS.
    Are you sure? Is it listed on the first BIOS page and can you see the CD/DVD drive name?

8. Re: Satellite A210 PCI Memory and SM Bus Drivers
    Beginner
    Thanks for your post JackyStewart.

I had assumed that the CD/DVD drive not working, along with the SD card slot, was related to the failure to find the PCI and SM bus drivers.

I am trying to resolve the driver issue in the first instance but failing that I am prepared to restore the laptop to factory settings. However to do that I need to use the CD/DVD drive but can't.

At start up on the first BIOS page (sorry had to work out what the BIOS page was) the CD/DVD is NOT listed, my mistake sorry. Before it gets to that point it stops due to a ERROR

Resource Conflict - PCI Serial Bus Controller in slot 01
    Bus:1A, Device:04, Function:01
    ERROR
    Resource Conflict - PCI in slot 01
    Bus:1A, Device:04, Function:02
    ERROR
    Resource Conflict - PCI Serial Bus Controller in slot 01
    Bus:1A, Device:04, Function:04

I can then use F2 to enter setup and within setup the CD/DVD drive is listed. (This is what I thought listed in BIOS mean't, sorry) The CD/DVD is also linked as I can open and close it at this point in the setup.

However once fully booted I can't open the CD/DVD drive anymore.

Sorry I should have posted this start up message in my original posting but only now thought to take a picture in order to be able to type it up.

Does this help to understand the problem?

Thanks.

9. Re: Satellite A210 PCI Memory and SM Bus Drivers
    The error PCI Serial Bus Controller in slot 01 means that the device connected to the controller is faulty (CD/DVD drive) or maybe the controller on the motherboard is the troublemaker.
    Both options are possible…
    But sorry mate… nobody can say for sure what’s wrong here without checking the hardware.