Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Re: Satellite Pro A300 - Will recovery disk reinstall Windows OS on new HDD

1. Satellite Pro A300 - Will recovery disk reinstall Windows OS on new HDD?
    Beginner
    My Satellite Pro A300's Hard drive failed.It has now been replaced. I have ordered a recovery disk.
    Will this enable me to reinstall the Windows Vista OS that came originally installed?

Also,I am getting this message"BOOTMGR MISSING".Will the recovery disk fix this issue too?
    Many thanks in advance !

2. Re: Satellite Pro A300 - Will recovery disk reinstall Windows OS on new HDD
    Master
    >I have ordered a recovery disk. Will this enable me to reinstall the Windows Vista OS that came originally installed?
    Yes. Definitely.

Is new HDD recognized properly in BIOS settings?
    If yes there should not be any problem.

By the way, A300 runs perfectly and much better with Win7 32bit.

3. Re: Satellite Pro A300 - Will recovery disk reinstall Windows OS on new HDD?
    Booting form Recovery disk should start the OS installation even if you are using new HDD.
    The “bootmgr missing” error message appears because the boot manager on the HDD is damage and usually new OS installation should fix this issue too!

4. Re: Satellite Pro A300 - Will recovery disk reinstall Windows OS on new HDD?
    Beginner
    thanks for the replies:much appreciated.
    Will i need my product number for the windows install?
    My one is slightly faded but should be able to work it out!
    Or would TOshiba or Microsoft be able to help?

5. Re: Satellite Pro A300 - Will recovery disk reinstall Windows OS on new HDD?
    > Will i need my product number for the windows install?
    Don’t understand what you mean… the recovery disk is already activated. So you don’t need any product/serial numbers in order to install the system using recovery disk.

If you don’t have a recovery disk, and want to install the system using Microsoft windows disk, you have to use the serial number which belongs to this Windows disk