Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Satellite L500 did not ask for Recovery Disc 2

1. Satellite L500 did not ask for Recovery Disc 2
    Beginner
    Hello,

I have just formatted my laptop using Recovery Disc 1. On forums, it says after Disc 1, the menu will ask for Disc 2. But it never asked for Disc 2. Should I have inserted it right after it asked me to eject Disc 1?
    I am writing this now on my newly set up Win 7. Everything seems fine but I wonder whether the lack of Disc 2 will cause any problem. Is there any way to boot my laptop also using the second disc?

Thanks!

Message was edited by: wawawa

2. Re: Satellite L500 did not ask for Recovery Disc 2
    Master
    > I am writing this now on my newly set up Win 7. Everything seems fine but I wonder whether the lack of Disc 2 will cause any problem. Is there any way to boot my laptop also using the second disc?

The second disk will be created only if the space on the first disk would not be enough! So the amount of recovery disk depends on the size of the image file.
    If your notebook works properly, I would not be afraid about the 2nd missing disk :)

3. Re: Satellite L500 did not ask for Recovery Disc 2
    Master
    Every notebook offered with preinstalled OS has preinstalled “Toshiba recovery disc creator” tool.
    When you start it, it will be shown how many DVD discs is needed for recovery media creation.
    That’s all.

Mostly is recovery image about 8 GB and two discs are needed. You cannot boot from disc 2.

If everything works well and you are able to install recovery image everything is OK.

4. Re: Satellite L500 did not ask for Recovery Disc 2
    Beginner
    Thanks for your replies!
    However I did not boot from the discs I have created. I used the Product Recovery Disc that were given to me when I bought my laptop. Does it make any difference?

5. Re: Satellite L500 did not ask for Recovery Disc 2
    Master
    > I used the Product Recovery Disc that were given to me when I bought my laptop.
    Now I’m more confused than before. I thought you bought your notebook brand new. New notebooks doesnt have recovery discs in the package.

Who gave you recovery discs?

Anyway, if notebook has “factory settings” create new discs.

6. Re: Satellite L500 did not ask for Recovery Disc 2
    Beginner
    I bought it in January 2010. Win 7 64 bit was preinstalled.
    In the box there were Win 7 32 Bit Product Recovery DVDs. After my upgrade Win 8 collapsed and nothing could be done, I ordered Win 7 64 Bit Product Recovery Discs from Toshiba Shop and returned to Win 7.

Message was edited by: wawawa

7. Re: Satellite L500 did not ask for Recovery Disc 2
    Master
    > I ordered Win 7 64 Bit Product Recovery Discs from Toshiba Shop and returned to Win 7.

So where is the problem?
    Unit has been recovered properly… Win 7 runs so don’t see any problems here…