Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Keyboard Issue on Satellite L500-128

1. Keyboard Issue on Satellite L500-128
    Beginner
    Hi All,

I'm having a couple of issues with the keyboard on my Satellite L500-128 - essentially; the 8,9,i,o,k,l and comma and period keys don't work at all.

All other keys are working perfectly fine (I'm using an external keyboard if people are wondering!)

I'm technically minded but wondering if its worth taking the laptop apart and having a look or if someone has had this problem with this laptop before - or if anyone has any ideas with what could fix it.

I've tried doing a reset of the laptop (battery out and pressing power button) I've re-installed the OS but the keyboard still has issues in the BIOS too.

2. Re: Keyboard Issue on Satellite L500-128
    I cannot say for sure but I presume keyboard is defective and it should be replaced. Keyboards are not so expensive and you can buy it on ebay too.
    Problem is how to exchange it.

Do you know someone who can do this for you?
    If not you should contact nearest Toshiba service and ask for help. Generally speaking keyboard exchange is not a big deal but if you don’t have experience with this you can damage some small plastic parts or plastic holders.

3. Re: Keyboard Issue on Satellite L500-128
    Master
    Hi

In my opinion and as suggested by Liam, it looks like a simple keyboard malfunction and to fix this issue the keyboard needs to be replaced.

The Toshiba service partner in your country could replace the faulty part…
    Otherwise you could try to replace it yourself but if you are rookie and if you have no experience, ask an technician for assistance.

4. Re: Keyboard Issue on Satellite L500-128
    Beginner
    I had the same problem. 5 or 6 keys were not working. I had to replace the whole keyboard. Fortunately, keyboards are not expensive, and easy to replace

5. Re: Keyboard Issue on Satellite L500-128
    Beginner
    hi did u fix problems, if not im interested for the L500.
    im having troubles with screen, pls let me know