Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Tecra M11 - BIOS Password recovery

1. Tecra M11 - BIOS Password recovery
    Beginner
    Hello
    I have following Toshiba Tecra model :
    Toshiba Tecra M11-15W
    Part/Model No. : PTME0E-03J02SEP

Problem is that i did not use this notebook for some time and forgot Bios password i set. Now i need to re-install windows (its corrupted) but i cannot make my notebook to boot from USB or from DVD. To access that menu i need my Bios password.
    Is there any way i can flash it or reset or something like that ? I tried everything already, i even wanted to get inside my laptop to find that Bios battery and remove it, but i am affraid that i will break something...
    i can remove the HDD and install windows on another PC and continue install on the notebook , but still i need that password reset...
    Thanks in advance !!

2. Re: Tecra M11 - BIOS Password recovery
    Master
    Few days ago one guy asked the same question on this forum. Asyou probably know BIOS passeord is very important security feature and it can be recovered or canceled by authorized personal only. With other words nearest Toshiba service provider can do it for you.

3. Re: Tecra M11 - BIOS Password recovery
    Beginner
    Thing is that i cannot access the main thing i need - choose boot option. I read that it is F12 button, but the only thing that works is INS button (with supervisor password)
    Also i read somewhere that password can be reseted by connecting some pins inside. Any ideas ?

4. Re: Tecra M11 - BIOS Password recovery
    Master
    You cannot expect that we here, on Toshiba user forum, discuss ahow to remove BIOS protection.
    With other words every stolen Tecra M11 can be “accessibe” for everyone.

Theoreticaly every notebook thief can just post here and get exact info about removing BIOS password. You know what I mean?

Either try to find solution Googling arround or contact nearest Toshiba service provider and ask for help.

5. Re: Tecra M11 - BIOS Password recovery
    Master
    From my knowledge there BIOS password can be removed by service partner only because this delete procedure is not always the same but depends on notebook model you have… and I agree with xaver: the BIOS password is an kind of theft protection. Therefore this can be deleted by authorized persons only.