Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Accidentally deleted the recovery partition on Satellite C855

1. Accidentally deleted the recovery partition on Satellite C855
    Beginner
    While attempting to recover my laptop I appear to have done the opposite and delete the whole hard drive including the so called hidden recovery partition I used the Toshiba maintenance tool thinking the deletion was just a formatting process and windows would then recover in the process.

I have no recovery media as the manual described what I needed to be in the recovery partition or so I thought. I stopped the process around 3hrs in at 50% hoping to go back and select another option

What can I try at this stage?

2. Re: Accidentally deleted the recovery partition on Satellite C855
    Master
    Iím afraid you cannot do much, especially if recovery procedure was interrupted.
    Now you need recovery disc for recovery image installation. Bad thing is that you didn't create one.

I recommend you to order new one and you can do this on https://backupmedia.toshiba.eu/landing.aspx

3. Re: Accidentally deleted the recovery partition on Satellite C855
    Beginner
    Thank you

just a couple of questions though can i use a recovery disk from the same model or do i need the recovery partion to boot the disk and for peace of mind from what i described was that the right way to recover the laptop to factory settings or was the tool i used a destroy all data tool an nothing more?

4. Re: Accidentally deleted the recovery partition on Satellite C855
    Master
    Hi

You need the recover disk which was made for Satellite C855 PSxxxx
    The usage of recovery disk would format the whole HDD and would create the partitions againÖ so finally the hidden partitions would appear again on the HDD.

5. Re: Accidentally deleted the recovery partition on Satellite C855
    Beginner
    Hi, I have the same problem, but worse i suppose. After accidentially format all of the HDD (inc. recovery partition) i found the Recovery Discs. However it's not reloading Windows because of the missing partition even i have the Recovery Discs. "Unable to reset your PC. A required drive partiton is missing." error is on the screen. How can i solve this problem?