Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Satellite A100 - Video card upgrade

1. Satellite A100 - Video card upgrade
    Beginner
    Hello. Sorry for my English, I'm studying this language byself.
    I ask to treat my request seriously. I long studied schematics and possibilities of the computer.
    Support of GeForce Go 7600 512MB of video memory is officially declared, I found necessary modules of memory and replaced them on the video card. I checked all currents and voltages.

The notebook operationally works, but defines only 256MB memories from 512 possible. As I understand this restriction is set in BIOS or VideoBIOS.

Please, prompt as me to solve this problem, any special version can eat BIOS for increase in memory of video.

2. Re: Satellite A100 - Video card upgrade
    Problem is that Toshiba doesn’t support such upgrade and doesn’t offer any BIOS update that will help you with this.
    If someone make decision to make such update it is on the own risk.

You can be happy that everything works well and that there is no some serious problem with it.

3. Re: Satellite A100 - Video card upgrade
    Problem is that Toshiba doesn’t support such upgrade and doesn’t offer any BIOS update that will help you with this.
    If someone make decision to make such update it is on the own risk.

You can be happy that everything works well and that there is no some serious problem with it.

4. Re: Satellite A100 - Video card upgrade
    Beginner
    I am sorry, but shall disagree with it. The maximum memory size can be limited at programming and hardware layer. On the example of other devices I was convinced that the increase in memory is possible without any problems.

The part of notebooks sees bigger memory size without any problems, part after updating BIOS or video card firmwares. I am not able to unpack the file BIOS, to make to it changes, and then to compile it back.

It is new go there are people who understand in it. I very much would like that to me helped.

5. Re: Satellite A100 - Video card upgrade
    You may be right about all that and all you write is “theory”. Fact is that Toshiba doesn’t support something like this and doesn’t offer any kind support for that, especially not some kind of special BIOS updates.

Due to specific design and cooling system any kind of upgrade that can change this “optimized” hardware platform and increase risk of overheating/hardware damage is not supported.

It is always interesting to read reports like your one where people try to change something and increase notebooks performance but mostly they are on its own. Unfortunately I cannot help you with this but I hope someone else will be able to offer some useful tips.

Good luck.