Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Re: Satellite C660 - keyboard and touchpad are not working

1. Satellite C660 - keyboard and touchpad are not working
    Beginner
    Satellite C660-28H

Win7 64bit

antivirus Kaskpersky deleted "system32/driver/cekbfilter.sys" file for keylogger reason (Kaspersky Support said It is mistake of Kaspersky antivirus, file is not virus or virused), and after I restart OS I find keyboard and touchpad not working at all.

Also I already asked about this at [US Toshiba Forum|http://forums.toshiba.com/t5/Keyboards-Touchpads/satellite-c660-cekbfilter-sys-deleted-and-no-keyboard/td-p/364673] and there was advise to ask here too

I can not use Windows recovery (do not have recovery point) , and I do not want to do full recovery to factory default - there are many soft and personal data stored.

So Is here way to recover drivers? As I already said at US Toshiba Forum - I already tryed delete touch pad driver and instal from Synaptic official website, and I not changed anything.

Also I think antivirus may delete not only file, but do some fixes to remove "wrone" driver

2. Re: Satellite C660 - keyboard and touchpad are not working
    Huh it is very stupid situation now. I never had such problems but it will be interesting to find solution to this.

Have you tried to connect external mouse, just to see if this can work? I mean it is much easier to use windows with mouse and choose different options.

If this works try to open device manager and properties for keyboard. There you can find option for driver update. Check if some driver update can be found. Fact is that keyboard uses standard Microsoft driver so f you are online maybe some driver can be found.

Of course best and easiest solution for you is recovery installation. If you don’t want to do this try to find right drivers using such driver update option.

One more thing: if you have so important stuff saved on HDD you can remove it from your notebook and connect it to other PC/notebook as external device and make backup. After doing this you can install recovery image and problem is solved.

3. Re: Satellite C660 - keyboard and touchpad are not working
    Beginner
    OK, this is copy of US Toshiba Forum thread:

satellite c660-28h
    win 7 64
    antivirus Kaskpersky deleted cekbfilter.sys driver file for keylogger reason(looks like Kaspersky mistake), and after I restart OS I find keyboard and touchpad not working at all.
    cekbfilter.sys file recovered - zero
    I tryed to reinstall drivers for touchpad from synaptics website - zero
    Synaptics PS/2 Port TouchPad - driver show error code 10 - driver can not be started
    Standart keyboard PS/2 - driver show error code 39 - bad try of driver load/start. driver damaged or there is no driver
    (my Windows not in english language version)
    USB mouse working good
    USB keyboard will try in next hours
    I can not recover system as I did not find recovering point in windows and was not do backups
    I have one more same sattelite, but it is do not update Kaspersky rapidly and without internet

4. Re: Satellite C660 - keyboard and touchpad are not working
    Beginner

satellite c660-28h
    win 7 64
    antivirus Kaskpersky deleted cekbfilter.sys driver file for keylogger reason(looks like Kaspersky mistake), and after I restart OS I find keyboard and touchpad not working at all.
    Synaptics PS/2 Port TouchPad - driver show error code 10 - driver can not be started
    Standart keyboard PS/2 - driver show error code 39 - bad try of driver load/start. driver damaged or there is no driver
    USB mouse working good
    I can not recover system as I did not find recovering point in windows and was not do backups
    I have one more same sattelite, but it is do not update Kaspersky rapidly and without internet

5. Re: Satellite C660 - keyboard and touchpad are not working
    Beginner

satellite c660-28h
    win 7 64
    USB mouse working good

6. Re: Satellite C660 - keyboard and touchpad are not working
    Beginner

satellite c660-28h
    win 7 64
    USB mouse working good

7. Re: Satellite C660 - keyboard and touchpad are not working
    Beginner

satellite c660-28h
    win 7 64
    USB mouse working good

8. Re: Satellite C660 - keyboard and touchpad are not working
    As you said, the Kaspersky software has deleted the driver due to application problems/mistakes…
    However, fact is that the file is removed and not recoverable.

You should try to use the Windows Repair Option (power up the unit, press F8 and choose Repair my Computer.)
    Here you will get several options to repair the OS… not quite sure if one of these options would be able to solve the missing file issue but its worth a try…

Otherwise you will need to reinstall the system again :( because I don’t think that you can download such Windows file separately since its part of the system.