Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Tecra A3X - how to remove BIOS Password?

1. Tecra A3X - how to remove BIOS Password?
    Beginner
    Hi,

I have a Tecra A3x which died before Christmas. I purchased a replacement motherboard from eBay. I have fitted the mother board and the unit powers up fine but stop at a password screen that is plain black. I have tried to look for a way to wipe the BIOS and have taken the CMOS battery off for about 10 mins. I have read that most laptops have a jumper built in too fix this. I have looked under the usual places - memory modules etc. I can’t find this anywhere.

Any help would be very welcomed.

Thanks
    John

2. Re: Tecra A3X - how to remove BIOS Password?
    Master
    Hello John

As you probably know BIOS password is very important security feature and BIOS password removal cannot be described on manufacturer’s public forum. It is a kind of “top secret” information.
    It is not logic to do this, right?

Every stolen Tecra A3X with BIOS password could be “unlocked”.
    In my opinion you should contact person who sold you this mainboard and ask for password. If he cannot help, send it back. Was this info in product description on his ebay offer?

3. Re: Tecra A3X - how to remove BIOS Password?
    Beginner
    Hi Xaver,

i appreciate your response and i agree with your comments. Im at the end of my options and thought that its worth asking anyway to see if anyone could give me some pointers.

I have emailed the seller and am awaiting a response on the board. im not hoping for much, but you never know. The thought of taking it all back out and packing it up to send back is not one that i dont want to think about unless its last resort.

Many Thanks for you response.

John