Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Satellite Z830 - Numeric keypad on external keyboard won't work

1. Satellite Z830 - Numeric keypad on external keyboard won't work
    Beginner
    Hi,

I've been trying to get an external keyboard (USB) to work with my Z830 running Win 7 (64 bit). I've tried three different USB keyboards into different ports and also a wireless keyboard.

The keyboard itself works fine but I can't get the numeric keypad to the right of the keyboard to work.
    It allows me to move around the screen ie when the numlock is off but when the numlock is on it doesn't do anything.

I've looked in the bios and changed the settings relating to legact devices and also the numlock option but to no avail. The numeric keypads on the keyboards have worked on other machines.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Ash

2. Re: Satellite Z830 - Numeric keypad on external keyboard won't work
    Master
    Hi

Iím not quite sure about that but my assumption is KBC code is missing in BIOS.
    The Satellite/Portege Z830 keyboard does not support the numeric keypad so possibly this is the reason why the numeric keypad on external keyboard cannot be activated.

3. Re: Satellite Z830 - Numeric keypad on external keyboard won't work
    Beginner
    Thanks. I'll explore this.