Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Where could I find, live disk or other to restore HDD recovery partition?

1. Where could I find, live disk or other to restore HDD recovery partition?
    Beginner
    Hello I have a A300 1M9 system unit.

I need to restore the HDD recovery partition, I had to change the harddrive disk, cause he is dead.

Is there any link where I could download the files? ISO img or other program able to create a new recovery partition on a new disk?

This computer is not under warranty, because he has more than 4 years.

Thank you for all the support you could give me

Seb

ps : second question : wich kind of hard drive disk could I buy for that model ? Wich connector, 2 1/2 hdd and sata? Ide? I dont know.

Message was edited by: Seaone

2. Re: Where could I find, live disk or other to restore HDD recovery partition?
    Beginner
    Hello, i have an other question, how can i recognise the type of hdd connector in that laptop?

Is it a sata II or sata 3.0 compatible?

3. Re: Where could I find, live disk or other to restore HDD recovery partition?
    Beginner
    No official response? This forum is monitored by technicians?

4. Re: Where could I find, live disk or other to restore HDD recovery partition?
    Hi and welcome in our community.
    This is user-to-user forum so here you will not get answer from Toshiba technicians.

I have a bit experience with Toshiba laptops. Meanwhile I use my third Toshiba machine. ;)

I have A300 to and must say it is very good piece of hardware. So here is answer to your question:
    Recovery image cannot be downloaded. You got your notebook with preinstalled Vista and preinstalled Toshiba recovery disc creator tool. With this tool you could create recovery disc. This disc can be used in situation when recovery partition is damaged or you want to use new HDD.

So I presume you donít have it. Original recovery disc can be ordered on https://backupmedia.toshiba.eu/landing.aspx

My advice: I use Win7 32bit on my A300 and it works perfectly and very stabile. Donít waste your time trying to obtain original recovery disc. Install own Win7 version. F you need some assistance I can help you with installation and configuration.

5. Re: Where could I find, live disk or other to restore HDD recovery partition?
    You must not recognize anything. Buy SATA HDD up to 400 GB and everything will be OK.
    Iím not 100% sure but I think SATA 3.0 cannot be used. I still use original HDDs (got two of them) and I use it with dual boot WXP/Win7.

6. Re: Where could I find, live disk or other to restore HDD recovery partition?
    Beginner
    Thank you for your assistance.

I think, I will ask a friend to copy a windows vista home premium x32 dvd to reinstall the system with the original key. I don't have any official windows 7 Operating system. :/ anyway...

I ordered a new hdd drive :

http://www.seagate.com/gb/en/internal-hard-drives/laptop-hard-drives/momentus-laptop/?sku=ST9320325AS

Its a 5400rpm hdd, with 8Mo cache sata II and 320 Go. The original hdd is 5400rpm toshiba unknow cache and 250 Go. Only for 46Ä ~ 38 UK£ ~61 US$ (21% tax include here in Belgium)