Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Satellite C660-117 - Won't boot, won't charge

1. Satellite C660-117 - Won't boot, won't charge
    Beginner
    Hi,

I have a Satellite C660-117 laptop, and recently I've been having issues with the power with it. I've found that it is temperamental when it comes to charging, and recently I've had it sat in one place as I knew it would charge like that, but decided to transport the laptop elsewhere and since not been able to charge/power it since the battery ran dry. I haven't tried plugging it back in where I originally had it (and it's not really suitable to have it sat in one place, mainly because it's partially in the way of a desktop system).

I have tried various things, taking battery and AC adaptor out, leaving it for a while, then plugging them back in, and also taking them out, pressing the power button for thirty seconds and plugging it back in, but the problem appears to be between the AC adaptor and the laptop itself (No power goes to the laptop from the mains). I have also tried using another AC adaptor from another laptop, but this hasn't worked either.

Was wondering if there was any other option I could try out, or whether I'm stuck with having to purchase another laptop, as it's waaaaaaaaaaaay out of warranty. I would rather not go for this option, nor can really afford to send it off for a while to be repaired due to the time it would likely take.

Thanks in advance!

2. Re: Satellite C660-117 - Won't boot, won't charge
    Master
    If notebook cannot run with AC power supply only there is some problem with power supply electronic on the mainboard.
    Sorry but with such issues you need professional help. Problem is that repair will be pretty expensive.
    So maybe the best solution for you is to sell it on ebay because many hardware parts can be used for replacement and buy new notebook.