Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Satellite Pro C660-225: Shrinking recovery partition englarge C partition

1. Satellite Pro C660-225: Shrinking recovery partition englarge C partition
    Beginner
    When I first got this product, before opening I thought that all the 500gb would go to the first partition, but then I saw that the recovery partition has half of the 500gb just for recovery which is unnessecery.

But I had no problem with this at the time, and used the recovery partition(after saving to a disk) for ubuntu so I could have a dual boot.

But now I've came to realise that the games I'm downloading are taking more and more room up on my C drive. The problem I have is that I can shrink my recovery partition and enlarge the C drive.

Does anyone know a work around?

2. Re: Satellite Pro C660-225: Shrinking recovery partition englarge C partition
    Master
    You will need an 3rd party software to shrink the recovery partition and to add the free space the existing C partition.
    I would recommend you an freeware tool called Gparted

But before you would start doing this, create a recovery disk!
    This is advisable in case you would try to set the notebook back to factory settings using such disk.