Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Windows 7 installation on Satellite C850

1. Windows 7 installation on Satellite C850
    Beginner
    I recently brought the Toshiba C850 and it had Windows 8 on it so like when ever i buys a computer I reformatted this time i used that damm Toshiba Utility now the drive is blank but when I boot the computer for it to boot from CD rom it gives me No Bootable Device.

What do i do I dont want to use Windows 8 hate it but i can't get 7 installed
    Please Help

2. Re: Windows 7 installation on Satellite C850
    Akuma
    Preinstalled versions of Windows 8 uses UEFI instead of a BIOS so you cannot boot from CD's or USB keys that expect a boot sector.

However you can enable BIOS emulation:

Go into the BIOS and then to the Security Tab, disable Secure Boot.

Then go into the Advanced Tab then System Configuration, change the Boot Mode to CSM.

3. Re: Windows 7 installation on Satellite C850
    Beginner
    Hello, i have the same prob, but with CMS mode with AHCI enebled -*-> afer installation window reboot and window 7 doesn't boot anymore. I try also CMS mode with compatibility enebled and i can't do anything, the toshiba logo keep rebooting. (I can only accesd bios)

Fred

4. Re: Windows 7 installation on Satellite C850
    Hi

To boot Windows 8 you need to enable the secure boot and UEFI BIOS.
    If you want to install other system except of Win 8, the secure boot needs to be disabled and you should switch to CMS BIOS.

AHCI enabled means that you would use the HDD in SATA mode. AHCI disabled means that HDD would run in IDE mode.

5. Re: Windows 7 installation on Satellite C850
    Beginner
    1) Boot unit and press F2 to get into BIOS
    2) Go to "Security" tab and disable "Safe Boot"
    3) Go to "Advanced" tab, select "System Configuration" then change boot mode from "UEFI" to "CSM"
    4) Press F10 to save changes and exit.

Drivers uploaded by myself toshiba satellite c855-S5133

+Message was edited: faulty links removed+

6. Re: Windows 7 installation on Satellite C850
    Quote Originally Posted by akuma View Post
    preinstalled versions of windows 8 uses uefi instead of a bios so you cannot boot from cd's or usb keys that expect a boot sector.

However you can enable bios emulation:

Go into the bios and then to the security tab, disable secure boot.

Then go into the advanced tab then system configuration, change the boot mode to csm.
    thanks for guiding