Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: AT105 with european firmware

1. AT105 with european firmware
    Beginner
    I had a AT100 in for repairs (broken SD slot) and now it seems to have become a AT105.

This then seems to confuse the Service Station server, as it sees no firmware updates beyond the Android 3.1 that find myself with after the repairs (i suspect the whole circuit board was replaced).

How do i go about getting it updated to Android 4.0?

2. Re: AT105 with european firmware
    Master
    Hi

As far as I know the AT105 was released for US market and the AT100 was the similar tablet for EU market.

But both should be the same.

3. Re: AT105 with european firmware
    Beginner
    Sure, but why does it not see the 3.2 update that i was able to install before it was sent in to have a broken SD slot taken care of?

Another tidbit is that comparing the product code on the box and inside Service Station, the box code starts with PDA01E, while the one in SS starts with PDA01U.

Nor do the European service site think the serial number is valid, tho the US equivalent seemed quite happy with it.

In essence i seem to have gotten a weird hybrid of US hardware and European firmware returned to me.

Message was edited by: kmar

4. Re: AT105 with european firmware
    Master
    I think you should get in contact with the guys again and should ask what they did with this unit..

The PDA01E is definitely an European number (due to the E at the end) the PDA01U number is for US market.

It looks like the service station handles both differently.

In my opinion the DMI info has not been flashed properly or the guys forgot to flash it...
    So in my opinion you need the help from the service guys...

5. Re: AT105 with european firmware
    1 Make sure your Android is connected to Wi-Fi. ...
    2 Open your Android's Settings. ...
    3 Scroll down and tap System. ...
    4 Tap About phone. ...
    5 Tap the Update option. ...
    6 Follow any on-screen instructions. ...
    7 Wait for your Android to finish updating.