Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Recovery on Sat Pro C660-2KM with new HDD with restored Recovery partition

1. Recovery on Sat Pro C660-2KM with new HDD with restored Recovery partition
    Beginner
    Hey Folks,
    I had a problem with a virus on that sat pro, so I decided to totally erase the hdd to get rid of that virus. Bevor I did that, I saved everything from partiton D including the recovery path and after erasing of course I copied everything back at it's place (second partition).
    Now trying to recover and don't know how to do it. F11, F10 and F8 seems not to work. Do I need the Recovery media created with recovery media creator or can I still use the recovery path on the new D: partition?
    Thanks for your help in advance,
    Stefan

2. Re: Recovery on Sat Pro C660-2KM with new HDD with restored Recovery partition
    Master
    Unfortunately recovery procedure doesn’t work on this way.
    What you need now is recovery disc.
    Generally speaking recovery image on second partition is useless and you will not be able to start it.

3. Re: Recovery on Sat Pro C660-2KM with new HDD with restored Recovery partition
    Hi

> Do I need the Recovery media created with recovery media creator or can I still use the recovery path on the new D: partition?

Toshiba recovery media creator can be used ONLY if the HDD and the partition table has not been modified. In your case the recovery media creator would not work anymore since you delete everything from the HDD and lost the recovery marks.

The only solution: you need the recovery disk and this can be ordered here:
    http://backupmedia.toshiba.eu/landing.aspx