Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Satellite L500-21T & Windows 8 64-bit

1. Satellite L500-21T & Windows 8 64-bit
    Beginner
    I changed my operating system to windows 8 64bit , all hardware defined by windows except chipset & blutooth (I defined them once from Windows 7 another time from latest model like L830). but the function key not working (for wirekess/blutooth on/off ).

Is there any drivers for L500-21T for windows 8 64bit or from specific new compatible models drivers?

2. Re: Satellite L500-21T & Windows 8 64-bit
    > Is there any drivers for L500-21T for windows 8 64bit...
    On http://eu.computers.toshiba-europe.com/innovation/jsp/checkWindows8Compatible.do?service=EU you can check if your notebook is supported for Win8 OS.

One more thing: your notebook has Intel HM55 Express Chipset. Interesting is that Tecra A11 with part number PTSE0E has the same chipset and it is supported for Win8 so you can try to use chipset driver offered for this Tecra notebook.

3. Re: Satellite L500-21T & Windows 8 64-bit
    Beginner
    Thank you for help, I returned back to windows 7 , I saw it is more stable os.