Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Loud cooling fan on Satellite Pro L830

1. Loud cooling fan on Satellite Pro L830
    Beginner
    Hi,

for two days I have possessed new laptop Toshiba L830. System Windows 7, 64 bit - RAM 4GB. Ventilator is loud. It gives sounds. What can I make, in order to get rid this sound ?

There is no dust in new laptop and I work in house. The sounds of ventilator irritate me. Processor does not be burden. Will adding 4 GB of memory of RAM settle matter ? The laptop has to be low, the additional meringues of "hums".
    How can I this repair? Do I have to send to service? Exchange of arrangement of cooling?

I ask about advice.

2. Re: Loud cooling fan on Satellite Pro L830
    Beginner
    I don't think that adding RAM would change anything. If i were You I woud check processor teperature and fan speed. Did fan sounds same before adding ram? Call technical support if laptop has warranty.

3. Re: Loud cooling fan on Satellite Pro L830
    Master
    Open advanced power settings for power plan that you use and in Toshiba power saver > Cooling method change the settings to “battery optimized” option.

This should reduce cooling fan activity.

4. Re: Loud cooling fan on Satellite Pro L830
    Beginner
    program "speed fan"

hdd 35 C / 36 / 32
    core 0 46 C / 48 / 42
    core 1 48C / 49 / 43

always differently ?

_*xaver*_
    "Open advanced power settings for power plan that you use and in Toshiba power saver > Cooling method change the settings to “battery optimized” option.
    This should reduce cooling fan activity."

_I made it ! Ventilator on small turns. I hear further hum from ventilator._