Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Portege R705 - HDMI output has stopped working

1. Portege R705 - HDMI output has stopped working
    Beginner
    Hey!

I have a Portege R705 and for around 2 years I've had a setup with two samsung Syncmaster 2443 displays, one connected by VGA and 1 with a hdmi to dvi cable.

I've never experienced any problems until one of the screens could not detect a signal anymore. Neither monitor can detect the hdmi signal and both detect the VGA.

I have proceeded to purchase a hdmi to dvi adapter and connect the dvi cable that was delivered with the monitor to my screen but without success.

I'm pretty much out of ideas, has anyone experienced something similar or has anyone got any ideas on how to fix it?

many thanks,

Matthias

2. Re: Portege R705 - HDMI output has stopped working
    It is somehow strange that you have noticed this problem for no reason.
    Have you may changed anything, installed some additional software, update or anything that can be responsible for this?

When you test only one of these both monitor do you have this problems?

3. Re: Portege R705 - HDMI output has stopped working
    Beginner
    I do not recall installing anything unusual, took a quick look in the program lists and found nothing. When I connect either monitor to my laptop by hdmi while the other is disconnected it is not detected at all.

4. Re: Portege R705 - HDMI output has stopped working
    Hi

What happen if you use the FN + F5 key combination…
    Is the HDMI listed in the menu?

5. Re: Portege R705 - HDMI output has stopped working
    Beginner
    When I press fn+f5 the only options I see are the laptop's display and the monitor connected through VGA

6. Re: Portege R705 - HDMI output has stopped working
    Master
    Strange, strange, strange…

My first idea was: hardware problem… but this is really strange… did not read anywhere that an HDMI ports would stop working…

I would recommend testing the notebook with an HDMI LCD TV.
    Don’t use any adapters but just one HDMI cable and check if would work…

7. Re: Portege R705 - HDMI output has stopped working
    Beginner
    I continues searching and it seems that a bunch of people have stumbled across this problem. I will start looking into chipset/display drivers

http://forums.toshiba.com/t5/Video-Display/HDMI-Output-not-working/td-p/151321