Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Satellite Z930 - after BIOS Update, Extra RAM doesn't work anymore

1. Satellite Z930 - after BIOS Update, Extra RAM doesn't work anymore
    Beginner
    I bought my Satellite Z930 in August and installed 2GB extra RAM in it. Worked fine, the Ultrabook detected it and had total 6GB of RAM.
    Yesterday I stopped ignoring these Toshiba Tempro messages and installed the suggested BIOS Update to Bios 2.20 (don't know which version it was before). Now I have several problems:

*First one*, my Ultrabook doesn't start anymore with the extra RAM. I press the power button, then the power LED starts blinking: 2 times yellow, 1 time orange in loop. The screen stays black and the CPU fan raises to maximum level..Only when I remove the extra RAM, then it starts.

*Second problem*, without my extra RAM it starts, but sometimes with the CPU fan at maximum level. So i have to restart that it stops.

*Third problem*, Windows only detects 2GB of RAM. I have now no extra RAM istalled, so it should detect 4GB of RAM, like when I bought it. Now there are only 2GB...

So is this what happens when I install suggested updates? -.-
    So what can I do now? At least I want my preinstalled 4GB of RAm back. Is there any BIOS downgrade, or something similar to revert the changes?

2. Re: Satellite Z930 - after BIOS Update, Extra RAM doesn't work anymore
    Beginner
    OK, solved the problem. I found a BIOS downgrade to 2.1 at this page: http://www.blog-drivers.com/2012/07/toshiba-portege-z930-notebook-drivers.html
    Now I have my 6GB back :)

3. Re: Satellite Z930 - after BIOS Update, Extra RAM doesn't work anymore
    Master
    Thanks for the final input!