Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Re: Toshiba Web Cam issue on Satellite L855-10P

1. Toshiba Web Cam issue on Satellite L855-10P
    Beginner
    I have a toshiba Satellite L855-10P and my webcam was working fine until today when, during a skype video conference, it started showing black lines a bit like static and the quality decreased significantly. I used the webcam application to check if it wasn't an internet issue and the same problem occurred.

I restarted the computer and removed the protective plastic from the webcam and nothing changed. It's a brand new laptop, it's only 2 months old. Is there anything I can do to find out the nature of this problem or should I just go ahead and use the warranty?

**Edit: I changed the quality to 1280*700 and the image had great quality but when I changed it to anything lower than that quality the static came back.

Message was edited by: FranPicoto

2. Re: Toshiba Web Cam issue on Satellite L855-10P
    Have you tried to reinstall Toshiba Webcam driver?
    Latest version you can find on Toshiba support page - http://eu.computers.toshiba-europe.com/innovation/download_drivers_bios.jsp

3. Re: Toshiba Web Cam issue on Satellite L855-10P
    Beginner
    Thank you for the suggestion, I hadn't tried that before but after doing it now it didn't work. The problem is still there. Every resolution bellow 1280*700 has the black lines.

4. Re: Toshiba Web Cam issue on Satellite L855-10P
    Hmm.. could you check the webcam video settings.
    For example the webcam supports an “night mode” which allows you to use it for brighter images with an less noise.

Also there are application supports various effects which could be add to your video or images.

5. Re: Toshiba Web Cam issue on Satellite L855-10P
    Beginner
    I think I've tried everything, I tried playing around with the settings and nothing changed. It's odd that it only presents problems with lower resolutions. I'll have to check with the store and since I have warranty and insurance I think it will cover it.

Thank you for your suggestions!

6. Re: Toshiba Web Cam issue on Satellite L855-10P
    What you can make as ultimate test is to install recovery image and test it one more time with „factory settings“. If the problem persists contact nearest toshiba service provider.

You can find address and phone number on http://eu.computers.toshiba-europe.com/innovation/generic/ASP_SUPPORT/