Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Portege R700 and dockstation, Integrated screen starts black

1. Portege R700 and dockstation, Integrated screen starts black
    Beginner
    My Laptop is a R700 with a dockstation. Windows 7 x64.

If a I starts laptop docked, can see on external monitor and integrated lcd.
    If I star undocked, starts windows and lcd turns black. There is out to external monitor if I connect one, but not lcd correct out.

Swtiching function keys doesn´t works, like if undertand lcd is correct (but there is only a black lcd).
    Updating until last version of video and switching version (aug2012) we obtain the same result: black lcd.

If uninstall video driver and set the vga standard driver works ok, but ther is no switching function key to use external monitor.

Is anyone there with same proble?

2. Re: Portege R700 and dockstation, Integrated screen starts black
    If the video signal has been set to external monitor using Fn + F5, then you have to use this key combination again in order to switch back to the internal screen….

3. Re: Portege R700 and dockstation, Integrated screen starts black
    Master
    I presume you use own OS installation, right?
    Can you use FN+F5 key combination to switch between external monitor and LCD display?
    Can you use FN flash cards in general?

I don’t know if this will help but try to open Toshiba HWSetup tool and check if you can find there option “Display”. Usually you can select the internal LCD or external monitor when computer boots up.

Set power on display to system LCD only. Later you can switch to external display or just extend the desktop to external monitor.