Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Satellite U400 Impossible to create recovery DVD with Recovery disc creator

1. Satellite U400 Impossible to create recovery DVD with Recovery disc creator
    Beginner
    Hi,

I have a Satellite U400 (few years old), and I never created the recovery DVD.
    Now I want to do it, but for some reasons, when I launch Toshiba recovery disc creator, nothing happens...
    The partition with the recovery files is there, as well as the folder HDDRecovery. I did add some files to this partition, could this be the problem ?

Thanks for your help.

2. Re: Satellite U400 Impossible to create recovery DVD with Recovery disc creator
    >I did add some files to this partition, could this be the problem ?
    No. if you didnít change partitions structure this should not be the problem.

Question is: does Toshiba recovery disc creator start or not? If you cannot star this tool it has nothing to do with recovery files.
    Can you find this file - C:\Program Files\Toshiba\TOSHIBA Recovery Disc Creator\TRORDCLauncher.exe ?

3. Re: Satellite U400 Impossible to create recovery DVD with Recovery disc creator
    Beginner
    Yes, TRORDCLauncher.exe is there, but nothing happens when I launch it...
    Interesting thing: if I modify the name of the recovery folder, when I launch toshiba recovery disc creator, I have a window telling me that the HDD Recovery folder could not de found...
    So the software does start, but it does not do anything...

4. Re: Satellite U400 Impossible to create recovery DVD with Recovery disc creator
    It is big problem now if the Toshiba tool cannot find the files.
    How it works you can read on http://forums.computers.toshiba-europe.com/forums/thread.jspa?messageID=140985

Check it out please.

What you can try now is to check if HDD recovery installation will start - http://aps2.toshiba-tro.de/kb0/HTD1303440001R01.htm but Iím afraid the same problem will occurs again.

To be honest you should install Win7 32bit on this small Satellite notebook. It works perfectly. Forget original Vista OS, Win7 works better.

5. Re: Satellite U400 Impossible to create recovery DVD with Recovery disc creator
    Beginner
    Thanks, for your help!
    I guess I should have made this DVDs before...
    I will consider to go with windows 7.