Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: How to replace the keyboard on Satellite Pro L850-11T?

1. How to replace the keyboard on Satellite Pro L850-11T?
    Beginner
    Does anyone know how to remove the keyboard. I have removed all rear covers, battery etc and screws, but I can't seem to get the keyboard off.

Most laptops have a bezel etc above keyboard that you remove or small clips that you press in but I don't see anyway of removing it.

2. Re: How to replace the keyboard on Satellite Pro L850-11T?
    Master
    Hi

What is wrong with keyboard?
    This is pretty new notebook model and why do you remove hardware components alone and risk some damage? Is warranty still valid or not?

Sorry for these questions but if you can get keyboard replacement for free Iím just asking myself why you do this.

Keyboard replacement on this notebook model is a bit complicated. Access to keyboard is from the slot in ODD housing.

3. Re: How to replace the keyboard on Satellite Pro L850-11T?
    Beginner
    Hi thanks for the reply.
    My young child spilt his juice onto it rendering it useless. I also want to open it up and dry it out before I turn it back on.
    I know it might be difficult. I repair laptops and pc's for a living and I've dismantled many toshiba's before but this one has me stumped.
    I asume that when I remove the keyboard I can then remove the other screws holding the back on.

4. Re: How to replace the keyboard on Satellite Pro L850-11T?
    Before removing the keyboard, you would need to remove the ODD bay module (CD/DVD drive)
    From my knowledge the keyboard is secured by 14 latches (6 at the bottom and front and 1 at the left and right)

TO remove the keyboard insert your finger in top cover left hold and push keyboard corner, so let keyboard corner pops up.
    Then you need to release the 14 latches on the keyboard cover.
    Start with six bottom latches, (the leftmost latch first, by the sequence to the right most.)
    Then one latch on right side and one latch on left sides and the six front latches.
    Then disconnect the keyboard cable from the connector on the system board and remove the keyboard.

5. Re: How to replace the keyboard on Satellite Pro L850-11T?
    Beginner
    Got it thanks.
    Why can't Toshiba keep it simple.? : )