Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Do new recovery disks for Satellite L350-170 save updates?

1. Do new recovery disks for Satellite L350-170 save updates?
    Beginner
    I just restored my Windows Vista Home Premium 32 bit Operating System on my Toshiba Satellite L350-170 using the recovery discs I created 4 years ago when I first bought my laptop.

Having restored the OS, it has taken the best part of a day to install all the Microsoft updates, including Vista Service Pack 2, and other programmes I use (e.g. MS Office, Real player, AVG etc.).

Now everything is up to date, I have created a new system restore point on the hard drive and run the Toshiba Recovery Media Creator again. Just out of interest, will the recovery discs be created up to the last restore point, or will it just reproduce the discs I already have, which restore it to the factory settings?

If this only restores it to the factory settings, is there a way of creating a system disk to get it back to the point it's at now?

2. Re: Do new recovery disks for Satellite L350-170 save updates?
    Akuma
    Hi, no it doesn't work that way. Running Recovery will restore the HDD back to how you got it from the factory.

Message was edited by: RandyRoberts

3. Re: Do new recovery disks for Satellite L350-170 save updates?
    Master
    Recovery disc creation has nothing to do with restore points and your settings.
    Recovery image saved on HDD is created long time ago and contains all necessary settings created at this time.

Recovery disc creator just copy this recovery image on empty media.

Every time you use recovery discs you will have clean OS without updates and you must repeat all this additional updates installation.