Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Portege R700 How to replace the keyboard

1. Portege R700 How to replace the keyboard
    Beginner
    Hi There!

One of the keys on my R700 Notebook Model R700 PT311A-00Y00Q has a broken key. Apparently you can't get replacement keys, so I need a whole new keyboard.

I found this on EBay: http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trksid=p5197.m570.l1313&_nkw=Toshiba+R700+ keyboard&_sacat=0

But I can't find a guide to replacing the keyboard, would you mind linking me to a guide?

Thanks in advance.

2. Re: Portege R700 How to replace the keyboard
    I read some reports from users who tried to replace the keyboard on this R700 and this is not very easy.
    Itís difficult because you will need to remove other parts like
    Battery, sim card, express card slot, memory modules, base assembly to get access to an
    aluminum tape from the back of the cover assembly. Then you could turn the cover assembly face up and peel off the keyboard adhered to the insulator.
    And additionally you can not use the removed keyboard and keyboard insulator again. You will need to use new parts

3. Re: Portege R700 How to replace the keyboard
    Akuma
    It's difficult to replace the keyboard, the whole notebook needs to be pulled apart.

You should get a Toshiba service center to install the keyboard for you.