Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Cannot install Windows on my Satellite C660-162

1. Cannot install Windows on my Satellite C660-162
    Beginner
    I have a Satellite C660-162 and suddenly it was soo slow so I tried to install a new Windows but I could not install it and gives me this error Windows cannot be installed to disk 0 partition 1 or 2 and when I press it " Windows cannot be installed to this disk. This computers hardware may not support booting to the disk. Ensure that the disks controller is enabled in the computers bios menu".

Then I’ve changed the boot priority or something like it to fast and it was normal after that my Toshiba logo does not appear and I cannot enter the bios setup.

Thanx

2. Re: Cannot install Windows on my Satellite C660-162
    Master
    Wait a moment.
    You posted this in recovery category.
    What are you doing exactly: do you try to use created recovery disc or original Microsoft installation disc?

3. Re: Cannot install Windows on my Satellite C660-162
    Hi

You said that your notebook was slow…
    I think this was related to the HDD malfunction…

The Toshiba logo does not appear anymore because you changed the option to “Fast boot”. Usually you should be able to get it back by settings the BIOS to default.
    Power up the unit and press F2… press F2 several times in the row… you can also try to press and hold F2 and then press power button… this should allow you to access the BIOS again…

However, if you want to change the boot device you can also press F12 and then the boot menu should appear on the screen… now you will be able to choose your favorite boot device.

4. Re: Cannot install Windows on my Satellite C660-162
    Beginner
    thanx alot now my toshiba logo is available but about the second part :S I tried to install a new Windows but I could not install it and gives me this error Windows cannot be installed to disk 0 partition 1 or 2 and when I press it " Windows cannot be installed to this disk. This computers hardware may not support booting to the disk. Ensure that the disks controller is enabled in the computers bios menu". how can i fix that :s

5. Re: Cannot install Windows on my Satellite C660-162
    What disk did you use to installed the system and what system do you want to install?

If you want to install a system using Microsoft disk (NOT recovery disk) sometimes it may be necessary to switch the SATA mode from AHCI to compatible mode.
    This is necessary if you want to install Win XP or Vista and didn’t include the SATA drivers.