Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Satellite C850-F31Q - touchpad has stopped working

1. Satellite C850-F31Q - touchpad has stopped working
    Beginner
    This is the 5th time I'm using my laptop.(Only have it for 4 weeks now) My touchpad / mousepad stopped working. I tried installing new drivers, but still no luck. I'm running Windies 7, and also have a cordless mouse (luckily) - but this is also giving some problems.

My main concern is that the mousepad on laptop is not working.
    Please help.

2. Re: Satellite C850-F31Q - touchpad has stopped working
    Master
    After reading your posting it is not easy to say what is wrong there. Who knows what happen with your touchpad?
    Do you use original Windows 7 that you got with your notebook?
    Can you enable or disable touchpad using FN+F9 key combination?

3. Re: Satellite C850-F31Q - touchpad has stopped working
    Beginner
    Xaver..that's what's so confusing. One minute it was working and then it just stops working. I tired the FN + F9 combination...no luck, and I'm using original Windows 7 that came with. Should I do a system restore to the last day touchpad worked? Bit scared of doing that, as I don't want to lose data.

4. Re: Satellite C850-F31Q - touchpad has stopped working
    Master
    > Should I do a system restore to the last day touchpad worked? Bit scared of doing that, as I don't want to lose data

You can try to set the system to the early time point and this would not affect your data stored on the HDD.
    Just the applications which were installed after this time point would be uninstalled but I think this should not be a big problem for you.

But you should backup the data if you want to recover the notebook using HDD recovery or the recovery disk!

Greets & good luck

5. Re: Satellite C850-F31Q - touchpad has stopped working
    Beginner
    Ok...will give it a go..but here's a really stupid question, how do I go about doing this? (system restore)......

6. Re: Satellite C850-F31Q - touchpad has stopped working
    Master
    Thatís not really tricky.

Go to:
    All Programs -> Accessories -> System Tools -> System restore

Now you will be able to choose an early time point.

7. Re: Satellite C850-F31Q - touchpad has stopped working
    Beginner
    I am SUCH a blond......for the record, on the Toshiba C850-F31Q this Disable and enable keys are FN+F5...tired that (found it by accident) and it's working!!!! Whoop Whoop!

Thank you SO much for all your answers!!! (and now I know how to do system restore in the future!)

8. Re: Satellite C850-F31Q - touchpad has stopped working
    Master
    LOL :) Thanks for the feedback... great that you could enable the touchpad again ;)