Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Re: Satellite C660 - after BIOS update cooler speed is increased and disturbing

1. Satellite C660 - after BIOS update cooler speed is increased and disturbing
    Beginner
    Good evening,
    Five hours ago I did update the BIOS and restart the computer after I noticed that the cooler speed is increased and disturbing. Mention that they have purchased a Toshiba Satellite C660 last month.
    Please, if you can help me how to set the correct rotation!

Thank you!

PS:Sorry for my english i am not from england!

2. Re: Satellite C660 - after BIOS update cooler speed is increased and disturbing
    I think several people have posted about this issue here on this forum so it is a great pity that you didn’t check this forum before you have made decision to update BIOS. If you have a bit time check other postings in Satellite C category.

Anyway, what I can say is that you can try to reduce cooling fan speed using cooling method option in advanced power settings.

This should reduce cooling fan speed and your notebook will work much quieter. Set it simply to “battery mode” option.

3. Re: Satellite C660 - after BIOS update cooler speed is increased and disturbing
    Beginner
    Thanks for your help and excuse me because I have not checked the forum but I was a little worried!