Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: BLUETOOTH problems Satellite P855-30G

1. BLUETOOTH problems Satellite P855-30G
    Beginner
    Satellite P855-30G

I have been going half mad over the last three days trying to get the bluetooth function to work on this laptop.

I have a Logitech Mini Boombox (wireless bluetooth speaker) which I had working perfectly on my previous Toshiba laptop (A500)

I absolutely cannot get it to connect. When I download the Toshiba bluetooth stack it stalls at install (about 10 per cent) and I have waited and waited, it will not install. I press cancel and it tells me it is installed, but it is not! Does any one have a clue as to what might be happening????

2. Re: BLUETOOTH problems Satellite P855-30G
    Master
    Generally speaking the principle should be the same as on your old notebook.
    Before you want to use BT you must enable BT module using FN+F8 key combination.
    After doing this BT stack schould be installed properly.

What happen when you use FN+F8 key combination?

3. Re: BLUETOOTH problems Satellite P855-30G
    Hi

The FN button functionality is a little bit different for Sat P855 series
    You can enable the WLan and BT by pressing the *Fn + F12*
    So ensure that the BT has been enabled using the right FN combination!

4. Re: BLUETOOTH problems Satellite P855-30G
    Beginner
    Thank you both for replies!

I have now got bluetooth enabled. In device manager I have * Intel(R) Centrino(R) Wireless Bluetooth(R) 4.0 + High Speed Adapter* and also *Microsoft Bluetooth Enumerator*

My bluetooth speaker is visible in Control Panel/Hardware and Sound/Devices and Printers, but is not available as a choice in Playback devices. Just is not there. What am I doing wrong........ Thanks if you can help!!!!

5. Re: BLUETOOTH problems Satellite P855-30G
    > ..but is not available as a choice in Playback devices.

In playback tab click right and check the options: “show hidden devices” and “show disabled devices”

6. Re: BLUETOOTH problems Satellite P855-30G
    Beginner
    Hello Master G - yes I have done this but it is not showing at all. Not hidden, not disabled, NOT THERE :))

7. Re: BLUETOOTH problems Satellite P855-30G
    Maybe you have to pair this Bluetooth speakers firstly before checking the playback tab

8. Re: BLUETOOTH problems Satellite P855-30G
    Beginner
    I have done this. The speakers are paired and showing in devices, but not showing in playback devices.

9. Re: BLUETOOTH problems Satellite P855-30G
    Beginner
    I have now got it working - downloaded bluetooth drivers from Australia Toshiba site ( I kid you not) and now all working fine!