Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: HDD Recovery Issue on C660 Satellite

1. HDD Recovery Issue on C660 Satellite
    Beginner
    Apologies if this is the wrong subforum:

Being the idiot I am, I changed my WIndows Login password and since I use very long passwords, I have no idea what I changed it to. Guessing is out of the question.

So I powered on my laptop while holding the 0 key, which brought me to the Windows Boot Manager screen. I pressed F8 on Windows 7 for advanced options and opted for 'Recovery Mode' as I have used this in the past to install the OS from scratch.

It asks me to select a keyboard layout and then enter my username and password to procede with HDD Recovery. It is this lack of password which is the reason for recovery.

Any advice on what I can do?

Thanks

2. Re: HDD Recovery Issue on C660 Satellite
    Master
    >It asks me to select a keyboard layout and then enter my username and password to procede with HDD Recovery. It is this lack of password which is the reason for recovery.
    On this step you must enter your Windows login name and login password. Without right password you will not be able to start HDD recovery installation.

There is second option to install recovery image. You can do it now using recovery DVD. Have you created it using preinstalled Toshiba recovery disc creator?

3. Re: HDD Recovery Issue on C660 Satellite
    Recovery disk might be the solution in your case…
    Create the disk as mentioned by Silas and boot the notebook using this disk…
    In such case the notebook will be set to factory settings… from my knowledge the password is not required using recovery disk

4. Re: HDD Recovery Issue on C660 Satellite
    Beginner
    How would I obtain a recovery disk if I ever made one?

5. Re: HDD Recovery Issue on C660 Satellite
    There you can obtain one
    http://backupmedia.toshiba.eu/landing.aspx