Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Tecra M10 - HDD upgrade

1. Tecra M10 - HDD upgrade
    Beginner
    Does any one see any problems swapping out the 160GB HDD for a 1TB HDD i have already partitioned/formatted and installed XP PRO on the 1 TB HDD in my Satellite M-105 and it is working fine in there but would prefer it in the faster newer TECRA Laptop.

Thanks

2. Re: Tecra M10 - HDD upgrade
    Hi

I think this should not be a big problem since the SATA controller should handle the 1TB HDD.

You can test it using the HDD from the M105 the replacement is not difficult and both units M105 and M10 supports the same SATA HDD.

3. Re: Tecra M10 - HDD upgrade
    Beginner
    That is what i thought...............but i get BSoD with 7B errors when i put the 1TB drive in the TECRA (see other thread)

4. Re: Tecra M10 - HDD upgrade
    Beginner
    FIXED IT............NINE DAYS LATER!!! i ran the Toshiba Product Recover CD and everything was hunky dory. Then i upgraded the memory and the HDD and ran the Product Recovery CD with the new 1TB HDD in the PC and XP PRO is working fine.

5. Re: Tecra M10 - HDD upgrade
    Master
    What a great feedback! Thanks for this info!