Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: How much memory can i fit in a Tecra M10-1CN?

1. How much memory can i fit in a Tecra M10-1CN?
    Beginner
    How much memory can i fit in a Tecra M10-1CN and should it be in two 200 Pin SO DIMM DDR2 PC2-6400 800MHz modules

2. Re: How much memory can i fit in a Tecra M10-1CN?
    Master
    Hi

The memory expand possibility depends on the chipset of the motherboard
    The Tecra M10 supports the Mobile Intel(R) GM45 Express chipset… and this chipset supports max DDR2 800MHz 8GB RAM

So first of all you can use 2 x 4GB RAM modules and secondly the memory speed is limited to 800MHZ.

Even if you would use faster modules i.e. 1033Mhz the FSB would clock down the speed to 800Mhz… so it’s not worth to use faster modules than DDR2 800Mhz

3. Re: How much memory can i fit in a Tecra M10-1CN?
    PauPau is right. Maximum RAM that you can use with your notebook is 8GB. You must use 2 X 4GB modules. Compatible 4GB RAM has part number PA3670U-1M4G.

Put this part number in google as searched term and you will find info about pins and so on.
    My advice for you is: don’t buy some cheap no-name piece of hardware.
    Compatible high quality Kingston RAM you can find here .

4. Re: How much memory can i fit in a Tecra M10-1CN?
    Beginner
    i am confused i read on the companies who supply memory that if i put in 2 x 2Gb the Laptop can only see/uses 3.5 Mb OR less

as below

+If you would like to purchase a 'kit of 2' modules (a guaranteed MATCHED PAIR) for dual channel mode, click the 'Add to Basket' button and change the quantity to TWO. If 4Gb is installed, the recognized memory may be reduced to 3.5Gb or less.+

i would probably put in Crucial mem chips

5. Re: How much memory can i fit in a Tecra M10-1CN?
    Master
    If you use 32bit system (no matter what system. Win 7, Vista, XP) the memory would be limited to 3.2GB since this is a 32bit system limitation…
    Only 64bit system can handle more than 3.2GB RAM

6. Re: How much memory can i fit in a Tecra M10-1CN?
    Beginner
    WUNDERFUL and thanks silly me i should have remembered that. Too used to Win 7 Pro 64 bit now and only use this Laptop for WiFi, Car Diagnostics and Yacht Navigation softwarewhen i need XP to run both of these bit of software.........if i cant fix this L/T see my BSoD post i will get a new i7 Toshiba Laptop with Win 7 Pro and do a Dual Boot (expect another help please post he he) to run the XP Pro and programs that only run on XP.

GRRRRRRR sometimes i hate computers.

thanks again

kindest regards

David

7. Re: How much memory can i fit in a Tecra M10-1CN?
    Master
    so this thread is answered as i found your other thread about the BSOD issue using Win XP...