Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Satellite C660 - 1C7: BIOS upgrade issue

1. Satellite C660 - 1C7: BIOS upgrade issue
    Beginner
    Good day, fellow Toshiba notebook owners.

I have a little trouble upgrading my BIOS to a "newer" (according to Tempro) version.
    I just installed the Tempro application, and it detected that my BIOS needs an upgrade, so I naturally downloaded the "new" BIOS. Everything went fine, but when I tried to install it, a message popped up in the install window:

"*The program will be closed!* There is an error occurred, please check below items. Bios version above 190. Battery capacity more than 10%. AC is attached."

No matter what I do, I get the same error, over and over again. I looked the problem up before I posted this thread, and other people encountered it, but, unlike my case, advices like "Close all background applications", "Charge your battery", or "Make sure the AC is attached" really helped them.

I tried closing everything, my battery is always fully charged, as I rarely disconnect the AC adapter, and, of course, the AC connection issue is not the cause, since it is almost always plugged in.

I checked my BIOS version in +msinfo32.exe+ and it is 1.90 already, but I remember upgrading it months ago (sooner than the release date of this last version), and if, hypothetically, I have the last version already installed, why doesn't Tempro acknowledge it and keeps alerting me over a non-existent issue?

Maybe there is something wrong with Tempro, but I just need to be sure before passing on an eventual upgrade.

Can somebody please help me?
    Thank you in anticipation, and have a nice day!

2. Re: Satellite C660 - 1C7: BIOS upgrade issue
    Hi

Tempro notify you about new uploaded drivers or BIOS…
    The Toshiba European driver page provides all the drivers and BIOS files and the latest BIOS version 1.90-win has been uploaded at 04.06.2012 and therefore you received this notification by Tempro software.

Who knows why they uploaded this file once again.. but fact is that your BIOS is up to date and therefore you cannot update the BIOS once again using the one and the same version.

3. Re: Satellite C660 - 1C7: BIOS upgrade issue
    Beginner
    Alright, thank you for your time, kind sir. At least I know that there is nothing wrong with my notebook, and the problem has higher reasons.

Have a nice day, and thank you again!

4. Re: Satellite C660 - 1C7: BIOS upgrade issue
    U are welcome and thanks for feedback :)