Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Satellite L775-15Q - Battery Charging plan for long battery life

1. Satellite L775-15Q - Battery Charging plan for long battery life
    Beginner
    Hello

I just purchased a Satellite L775-15q and I want to know the best plan to charge my battery, so it can last as long as possible.
    Should I leave the laptop always connected on the charger power cord, no matter if it has full battery or not? Should I always let the battery drop to 10% and then charge it up to 100% and then remove the cord? Or should I do that from time to time and not every day?

Thanks!

2. Re: Satellite L775-15Q - Battery Charging plan for long battery life
    Beginner
    Hi,

I think the best that you can do is discharge the battery two-three times a month not everyday.

3. Re: Satellite L775-15Q - Battery Charging plan for long battery life
    I agree… its important that you would calibrate the battery from time to time…
    This means discharge the battery until it would be fully empty… then charge it again until the battery charging status would achieve the 100% or until the battery indicator would switch to green.

4. Re: Satellite L775-15Q - Battery Charging plan for long battery life
    Beginner
    I use many time plugged in. It's good or no for the battery? I mean: charge and use it and when it's fully charged. Or remove the battery when is fully charged and use the laptop only with AC?

thank you

5. Re: Satellite L775-15Q - Battery Charging plan for long battery life
    > Or remove the battery when is fully charged and use the laptop only with AC?
    You must not remove battery. My notebook is always connected to AC adapter and battery life is always the same. 10 years ago the situation with notebook’s batteries was different but today notebooks have batteries of new generation and they are not so “sensible” like before.

My only advice for you is: from time to time run notebook on battery only and wait until battery will be pretty empty. Repeat this charging process few times in month and everything will be OK.

6. Re: Satellite L775-15Q - Battery Charging plan for long battery life
    Beginner
    Thank you!
    I notice that after powered off and switch on after cca 10h then battery is lost 10% or more. Maybe the "USB sleep and charge" function is active (but not charged nothing)?

7. Re: Satellite L775-15Q - Battery Charging plan for long battery life
    > I notice that after powered off and switch on after cca 10h then battery is lost 10% or more. Maybe the "USB sleep and charge" function is active (but not charged nothing)?

Yes, some enabled options like USB sleep & charge or Wake Up on LAN might discharge the battery even if the notebook is OFF… usually these option can be enabled and disabled in BIOS.

8. Re: Satellite L775-15Q - Battery Charging plan for long battery life
    Beginner
    Thank you, I did it and I look at what would happen.