Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Satellite A350 - graphic card driver

1. Satellite A350 - graphic card driver
    Beginner
    Hi,

I have a question regarding graphic card in my laptop I have radeon hd 3650 and I can't instal new driver. When I download driver from ATI site they are telling me that i have to find drivers on toshiba site, but i can't find them there.

Where can i find good drivers for my graphic card?

2. Re: Satellite A350 - graphic card driver
    Beginner
    You can download the driver from [Toshiba drivers site|http://eu.computers.toshiba-europe.com/innovation/download_drivers_bios.jsp].
    Chose Notebook - Satellite - Satellite A Series - Satellite A350 than choose your current operating system and Search. When you see Display Driver from ATI download it.

3. Re: Satellite A350 - graphic card driver
    Master
    > Where can i find good drivers for my graphic card?
    I don’t know what do you mean with “good” driver but best driver is driver offered by Toshiba. Maybe it will not offer the best performance but best security for your hardware.

Due to specific design and limited cooling system Toshiba offers “adapted” display driver that will not force your graphic card to run on maximum level. This will avoid overheating or possible graphic card damage.

4. Re: Satellite A350 - graphic card driver
    Beginner
    Ok, I know that but drivers from toshiba site are from 2009, (they are very old) are there no new ones. I'm asking because I want to play diablo 3 smoothly, my computer theoretically covers minimal requirements but game still jams and I think that new drivers could cower that. I have 4 gb ram; windows vista 32 bit; radeon hd 3650. Game requires radeon x1950 or better and 1,5 gb ram.

These are the minimal requirements, as you can see my computer theoretically is better, but still game jams a lot even on minimal setting (every thing is shut down, resolution 1024×768).

Unfortunately I can't install any new drivers from ATI because computer doesn't allow me this.
    I's there other way to install them?

5. Re: Satellite A350 - graphic card driver
    Beginner
    I can understand this but drivers from toshiba are from 2009, they are 3 years old, you can't tell me that drivers that are 3 years old are still going to cower all requirements for modern games/programs, why can't toshiba release they drivers at least once a year or at least once for 2 years.

On the contrary drivers on ATI/AMD site are released once a 3-5 months for example new ones are from 4/25/2012. Unfortunately I can't install them because computer does not allow me, I can only install drivers from toshiba.

And I don't believe that drivers from producer can damage my graphic card cause every card will simply crash or switch off if the driver is wrong or if it will overheat.

6. Re: Satellite A350 - graphic card driver
    Master
    Hi

> Unfortunately I can't install any new drivers from ATI because computer doesn't allow me this.
    > I's there other way to install them?

You could download the mobile drivers from AMD page. But I think you will need to install/update the driver via device manager.
    Unzip the downloaded package to folder created on desktop.

Then go to device manager and here you have to use the “advanced procedure” which allows you to point to the folder (on desktop) where the driver package has been extracted.

But as far as I know the usage is at your own risk...