Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Cannot install Toshiba Recovery image on my Satellite notebook

1. Cannot install Toshiba Recovery image on my Satellite notebook
    Beginner
    before 3 days my computer was infected wwith a virus... an i must to format it... when i format it i see the orginal HDD recivery file is delete my partion which I have on it my works. anyway I shutdown the computer and I install it from another cd and I put the serial number and everything is ok. but some programs is not working and i want to restore my computer to the orginal OS with the drivers. HDDRecovery file is in D drive and I see it it is nearly 13GB but I can install it. there is no option in repair computer to HDDRecover... which i see it at the first time...

how I can solve it...

I want recover my computer to the orginal... i see there is some problems when I work with programs... it is freeze and give me some errors...
    I want to restore it to orginal...

2. Re: Cannot install Toshiba Recovery image on my Satellite notebook
    Master
    You can install original recovery image and set notebook to “factory settings” using two possible options:
    -to use HDD recovery installation (F8 at start-up and “repair my computer” option)
    -to use recovery DVD

If I understand you right you have installed own OS in hope to use your notebook but on this way you have “deleted” this repair my computer option so you will not be able to start installation from HDD. Your only option is usage of recovery DVD.

Now the million dollar question: have you created recovery DVD following Toshiba advice to do this?

3. Re: Cannot install Toshiba Recovery image on my Satellite notebook
    Beginner
    for the one million dollar question... everytime I think to make one... but i forget... and I dont have a disc... so that what we will do...

there is no a small application for this...

I see all the backup files... they dont deleted...

just the option is not showing

Message was edited by: nahhas

Message was edited by: nahhas

4. Re: Cannot install Toshiba Recovery image on my Satellite notebook
    Beginner
    I make some things now I can open recovery disc creator. and in this I can see system recovery media. when I click to (+) open there is 4 check box. for satellite L755 is that true...

or not...

tell me

Please insert blank media.
    4 DVD(s)

what I can do now...

5. Re: Cannot install Toshiba Recovery image on my Satellite notebook
    Master
    > now I can open recovery disc creator. and in this I can see system recovery media

Using Recovery Disk creator you can create a recovery disk which allow you to recover the notebook back the factory settings.
    So you will need 4 DVD in order to save the Toshiba image package.